Saturday, November 11, 2006

Aside from the normal.

Over the past few weeks, I have been nothing but bored and limited to the activities that I can partake in due to my current knee issue and not being able to drive. To remedy this, I have picked up where I have left off over about seven years ago, that being reading stories by H.P. Lovecraft, mainly focusing on Cthulhu Mythos.

For those that have played Warcraft I-III, World of Warcraft, or even the Diablo games from Blizzard Entertainment, might have some knowledge of the background of the literature on which these games where based from. Richard knaak, renowned author of the Dragonrelm Series wouldn't have even been able to have created some of the elements within the literature behind these games without the foundation that Lovecraft set. It was through Lovecraft's bestiary, that the creatures where established.

There are some that really dislike Lovecraft, due to his Necronomicon, where it is believed that Lovecraft was part of the occult. However, I find that he is a great read for those that are intersted in classic horror fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home