Monday, October 02, 2006

Caution: Potentially Contagious Post

I have come to believe that computer problems are spread from person to person, by either telling them about it or posting it on a blog. The communication of a computer issue is the interconnection that spreads the disease. So, lets dive into this theory of mine.

While a friend (will remain Nameless) came to visit me while he was here for manors of work mentioned to me that he had a hard drive crashed oh him and he was forced to install Windows 2000. Now, during his visit for some reason, we had gone over the BestBuy and looked at hard drives (odd). During the browsing of the many selections, the mention of the Maxtor hard drive company came up, where the warranty topic came up.

About an hour ago, I started to read the blogs of the week. During this hour, I could hear my computer try to read from one of my hard drives (spin up, spin down, stahl). Peranoid that I am, I restarted the computer only to find on boot that there are now two drives, instead of the three that I had. After closer studies, it turns out that the hard drive isn't recognized on any of the settings or by the DOS program I got from Maxtor.

Thus, there is my theory. This isn't the first time that this has happened to me; however the circumstances were different, the results were still the same. A friend had a hard drive fail, mentioned it, and well... look what happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home